Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Spring Anime Short List

The 2012 Spring Anime line-up is out. Here is my shortlist, which means these are the shows I'm probably checking out the first episodes of, before whittling it down considerably to just two or three shows. Info and photos from here.

Eureka Seven AO

This is apparently a sequel to the first Eureka Seven with a completely different character set. I'm not sure how this is going to play out. I haven't really seen the first series either and it doesn't look like I ever will. 50+ episodes = too much commitment. But I've actually read and enjoyed the first few chapters of the manga so I might give this one a try.

Hyouka

According to Jute, the premise is a little like the 2012 winter season's Another slash Psychic Detective Yakumo. Not sure if that's a good combination. I am enjoying the former. I've never seen the latter but apparently it didn't pass Jute's three-episode rule. So there's that. 

Jormungand

I feel Dogs all over the plot. Also, a bit of Hellsing -- as in Integra Hellsing what with the white hair and the mannish suit. The story follows a tough-as-nails arms dealer and her cornucopia bodyguards. Violence and mayhem ensues.

Ozuma

I feel a little nostalgic and this looks like one of those classic anime I used to unknowingly watch when I was a kid. Also, space opera...and maybe romance?

Sakamichi no Apollon

Continuing the nostalgia, the series is set circa 1970, which I have no recollection of since I wasn't even born yet, but word. I love the promo art, and this looks like it might be fun. 

Saki: Achiga-hen

Eye-candy. Will watch the first episode if I have nothing better to do.

Tsuritama

I'm not too impressed by this, except for the fact that the summary, as read, reminds a lot of NieA Under 7, what with the Indian and the alien. Hm. 

0 comments: