Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012-2013 Winter Anime Short List


The line-up is bad. I mean, I already said that Chihaya Furu will have a season 2, airing this January 2013, so that's one definitely on my short list. And the other one is probably Minami-ke S4. Both series, if you notice, are sequels. It's an abysmal line-up to be sure.

For OVAs, only one title has caught my eye. If someone bothers to sub One Off, I'll watch it.

The movies category is somewhat better. There are three titles that intrigue me. Sakasama no Patema by Purple Cow Studio Japan looks good on the surface and something about the "rustic" space setting reminds me of Pale Cocoon. Rakuen Tsuihou - Expelled from Paradise - is kinda mysterious and the promo poster doesn't give much, but the title is interesting. Toei Animation is quite prone to anime that are out there. So this might just be my cup of tea. And lastly, there's Titan Rain, which is giving me a lot of Karas vibes. And it's by Production I.G. so the production values will be high but I'm a little apprehensive about the inevitable volume of CGI in this film. I hope somebody subs these movies.

0 comments: