Friday, May 12, 2017

2017 Summer Anime

Yooooooo!!!!

It's been a while. So I've been very busy with work and haven't really been watching much anime. I did try to watch Aijin a while back because it was available on Netflix, but I sort of drifted off it. These days, I'm just watching Shingeki no Kyoujin's second season, which is excellent though a bit dragging and too full of cliff-hangers....

Anywhoo, I'm posting 'coz I had a change to check out this Summer's anime line up and there are a few interesting titles. Here's the run-down of new anime I think I might check out:


Ballroom e Youkoso

Also known as Welcome to the Ballroom, this is based on the manga series of the same name. It's the story of a boy, Tatara Fujita, who one day found himself attached by a gang but was saved by a ballroom instructor. This chance encounter led him to explore the entirely different and intense world of competitive dancing.

The show is by Production I.G. so I'm expecting high production values. I'm also looking forward to the OST BGM.



Netsuzou TRap

This is a yuri anime based on a manga of the same name. The title is apparently abbreviated to NTR. Don't ask. This is the story of best friends Yuma and Hotaru. When Yuma gets a boyfriend, she runs to Hotaru for advice and the two end up having a "try-out kiss" that turns heated.

Hoookaaayyyy. I have to admit I googled this and the manga covers are kinda racy. I thought at first they were doujinshi but yep they're the real deal.



The Reflection

This is a collaboration between Stan Lee - yes, that Stan Lee - and Studio DEEN. I don't really know what it's about but we all know it's about superheroes. This is Studio DEEN's synopsis:

After THE REFLECTION, some of the people in all parts of the world are discovered with super powers.
Some become heroes, and others villains.
How did The Reflection happen? What was the cause of it? With so many unsolved mysteries, the world is lead into turmoil.



Vatican Kiseki Chousakan

The title means "Vatican Miracle Examiner" and it should give you a clue as to what it's about. This follows two men, Hiraga Josef Ko and Robert Nicholas, who are members of the Vatican's "Assembly of Saints," an elite group dedicated to investigating alleged miracles.

Sounds really interesting. This is based on a light novel, which gives it added gravitas. J.C. Staff runs it.




Karada Sagashi

This is horror anime based on a manga. No idea why they chose to air this now. They should have waited until Fall, but oh well. Creepo manga pictures from a Google search.

A red person asks Asuka to search for its body. Asuka and her friends must search for the scattered body parts. If they don't find the entire body, the 9th of November is repeated and the red person will kill them.

Well, shit.


That's all for now. There are a bunch of interesting movies out, too. Especially that one by Madhouse about "word spirits" and I think it's a romance. If you want to check out the rest, head on over to MAL for a more comprehensive list.


0 comments: