Saturday, June 17, 2017

2017 Summer Anime Part 2

So a while ago, I posted the new anime shows I'm thinking of watching. On second view at this year's summer anime line up, I've decided to add a couple more titles that have piqued my interest:


KATSUGEKI / TOUKEN RANBU

The story is set in 1863 Japan nearing the end of the samurai era. Japan is divided into two factions: the pro-shogunate and anti-shogunate. Some historical revisionists from the future travel back in time to try to alter the course of history, leading a sage to bring to life two sword spirits who rush preserve the real history of Japan.

The characters look really cool and I'm just really interested in samurai. So here's to hoping this one delivers.




FATE/APOCRYPHA

I've seen neither Fate/Stay night nor Fate/Zero series, so this franchise is totally new to me. But a look at the seiyuu cast made me want to give this a try. Maaya Sakamoto, Miyuki Sawashiro, ah yes.

The plot sounds very convoluted though. Joan of Arc and 2 factions and 7 servants. Art looks cool though.

3-episode rule, amirite?




MOVIES:

1. Kimi no Koe wo Todoketai - this is by Madhouse and the plot, though different, for some reason reminds me of Summer Wars 

2. Mary to Majo no Hana - the girl looks so much like Ponyo that I was surprised to find out that it's not by Studio Ghibli

0 comments: