Friday, June 27, 2008

Kure-nai 11 & 12: Final Thoughts

Episode 11: I Think
More Kure-nai 11 Screencaps

Shinkurou, Benika and Yayoi break into the Kuhoin's Inner Sanctuary. Yayoi gets the beating of her life from Lin and is pretty much useless for the entire half of the episode. Benika also gets it from Ryuuji and Lin while trying to save Shinkurou's ass. A random character dies but we don't really care. In a word, the rescue attempt is major PHAIL. Then, Shinkurou goes AWOL, much to Benika's consternation.

Episode 12: I Am
More Kure-nai 12 Screencaps

Shinkurou turns up at the Kuhoins, this time by himself, and meets up with Kuhoin Renjou. Benika and the now awake Yayoi are chased by Lin and drive their cars into the Inner Sanctuary. Yayoi then uses awesome karate, which she learned from Shinkurou, and hands Lin her ass. Renjou tries to talk himself out of his own ass only to get ravished on the spot by Shinkurou. Ryuuji gives it to Benika again but Shinkurou has his own to give and gives it he does. Everyone is like O.o and then Murasaki talks words of wisdom and everyone is all the wiser for it. In the end, Murasaki decides to stay with the Kuhoins and Shinkurou sends everyone emails. Oh and yeah, Yayoi is totally crushing on Renjou.
COMMENTS:

I totally forgot that this anime was only 12 episodes long. It was that enjoyable. This truly was the only show in the Spring 2008 releases that I watched from beginning to end without once getting bored or disillusioned or dissatisfied.

So why do I like this show? God knows it's not because of the plot (READ: it's ridiculous). I watch this show for the laughs and the matter-of-fact way it tells itself, which make you forget your better sense of logic and go like: Of course, it all makes TOTAL SENSE! It's a comedy where the funny moments are not forced and the quips and punch lines flow in so smoothly I don't think even the writers planned them to be that humorous.

Voice cast is excellent. The way Murasaki clips her words is the cutest thing EVARR. I also like how character voices are not exaggerated in any way. There are no annoyingly high voices here. I love how the cast is so relaxed in their delivery. Yayoi's seiyuu is a quiet discovery (then again, I love everything about Yayoi).

Character designs are tops. I love everything about the characters, the way they look, the way they dress, and the way they carry themselves basically. Animation quality, although not exactly consistent, is also pretty good.

All in all, I thought this was a thoroughly satisfactory series and I am so glad I decided to pick up this series on its first run. I am wanting for a second season but the series stops at a very satisfactory point, so a sequel is not an actual need. I guess I just want to experience that same great feeling I had when watching this show.

Do I recommend this show? Sure. It's a light, fun anime that you can easily immerse in.

0 comments: