Sunday, July 26, 2015

2015 Fall Anime Line-Up

So summer was a disappointment. I watched the first 2 episodes of Gangsta and didn't really enjoy it. The show had the makings of the typical formula that would hook me into a new series but I'm not that interested in anime anymore. Maybe I've outgrown it. I don't know. I try to get back to it from time to time.... so here's my latest attempt.




CONCRETE REVOLUTIO: CHOUJIN GENSOU
Bones

Superhumans - aliens, goblins, cyborgs, etc. - populate the world. They either live in the open or fight in secret. Hunted by a shadowy organization, superhumans are being protected by the Superhuman Bureau, led by Jiro Hitoyoshi, himself a superhuman.

It sounds interesting. And it's by Bones so I'm sure there's going to be a lot of WTF-ery in the middle of it but the animation will surely be topnotch.





KIDOU SENSHI GUNDAM: TEKKETSU NO ORPHANS
Sunrise

300 years after the Calamity War between Earth and Mars, Cordelia travels to Earth to speak for the independence of the Martian city, Chryse. On her way there, her convoy is attacked by a group called, Gallarjhorn. Her private security guards, Mikazuka Augus and Orga Itsuka are thrust into conflict.

Sounds like the premise of Phantom Menace...and typical Gundam story. It's been a while since I last saw a gundam show. This might be good.





SUBETE GA F NI NARU
A-1 Pictures

Souhei Saikawa of the Saikawa Research Lab goes on a vacation with his labmates. Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of the Lab's chief, joins them unexpectedly. While at their vacation, Souhei and Moe find a corpse and two work together to uncover the mystery of what turns out to be a serial murder case.

Mystery thriller. I like it already. 






YOUNG BLACK JACK

The backstory of Black Jack, the doctor who practices medicine without a license.

Could be interesting. I never watched the original series though.





KAGEWANI
TOMOVIES

Scientist Sousuke Banba attempts to solve the puzzle of monsters appearing and attacking people.

Horror. Good.





KOWABON
ILCA

Horror story animated through rotoscope.

I love the concept of rotoscope. I'm curious about how the overall picture would look.





 GYAKUSATSU KIKAN
Manglobe

After the world system collapsed, the leading democracies turned into total surveillance states. Intelligence agent Clavis Shepherd is called upon to track down the terrorist John Paul in order to put a stop to the waves of genocide plaguing the continent.

Looks good. Premise is a bit ambitious but as long as the animation delivers, I'm good.






SHISHA NO TEIKOKU
Wit Studio

In 19th century Europe, the Industrial Revolution is at its peak - fueled largely by Frankensteins - reanimated corpses - used as laborers. In this time and age, John Watson is recruited by the government to become a secret agent.

A secret agent for what? I saw the trailer and everybody is so baby-faced. The story is weird enough to catch my eye.

0 comments: