Friday, October 3, 2008

World Destruction 12-13 (Final)

Episode 12: There Are Two Kinds of Past

Our favorite trio finds themselves trapped in Dragon Valley. Seeking warmth from a cave nearby, they soon discover that the cave is more than what it appears to be as they begin to see visions of their past. But what do Kyrie's memories entail?

Episode 13: There Are Two Types of Future

Toppi and Morte are captured by Mr. Eagle. Kyrie manages to get away, with Mr. Crocodile hot on his heels. While hiding inside the cave, Kyrie learns the truth about the Destruct Code and himself.
FINAL THOUGHTS:

This anime was pretty much just something that I watched for the sake of watching it. Although the idea of the heroes seeking to destroy the world was interesting at first, the slice of life treatment to the series is not particularly engaging. So all through out, I actually had ambiguous feelings about it.

The series is funny at some points, I give you that. I think the skirt-ripping episode is still the funniest one there is. But other than that, it's not a particularly humorous anime either.

The final episode actually surprised me, especially the climactic scene with the world about to come to an end. Even the twist surprised me. Whoever wrote the story came up with a very nice trick.

The message is very basic and simple. Obvious, if you ask me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think that this anime's greatest aspect is the voice-acting. It's really very well done. Of course, Sakamoto Maaya is a familiar name in the seiyuu business...but the guys who did Kyrie and Toppi's voices were pretty good, too.

World Destruction is by Production I.G. so I have no complaints about the art. Beautiful characters, wonderful colors and overall great design.

Still, I'm kind of surprised at myself for holding out this long. I don't normally stick to this kind of show for very long. But, shockingly, I did. I still don't have any idea why.

I give this series a 6 out of 10. I think, for me, the finale was the perfect clincher. Neat and tidy.

0 comments: