Friday, March 27, 2009

Kukui - Chizu Sanpo (Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th OP Single)

RELEASED: 02.18.2009
LABEL: Geneon
TRACKLIST:
1. Chizu Sanpo
2. Yasashii Kiyori
3. Chizu Sanpo (Instrumental)
4. Yasashii Kiyori (Instrumental)



Chizu Sanpo is the OP single for the fourth season of Maria-sama ga Miteru. It's performed by Jpop band, Kukui, who is more popularly known for performing some of the songs from the Rozen Maiden series. The band is composed of Shimotsuki Haruka on vocals and lyrics & composition and Myu (composition, arrangement and lyrics).
BUY:

Kukui - Chizu Sanpo @ Play-Asia
Chizu Sanpo is a nice, light pop song that is a sharp departure from the elegant and austere Azure Pure by ALI PROJECT. When I first heard it, I actually thought that I was watching the wrong show or that the song was the wrong choice for Maria-sama ga Miteru. However, once I got to the rest of the series I realize that it's only fitting because the series is now at a point where the focus is on the younger Roses -- Yumi, Yoshino and Shimako, whose personalities are very different from Youko, Eriko and Sei. I think that, in light of that, the fourth season needed to be different and what better way to jumpstart that than through its opening theme?

In all honesty, Chizu Sanpo is a cute song. I'll probably not listen to it very often but when it does come on, I can't help but smile a little because it's the kind of song that makes you feel good.
MORE INFO:

OFFICIAL (JPN)
Kukui @ Wikipedia
Maria-sama ga Miteru @ Wikipedia

0 comments: