Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hana-saku Iroha 8-10: The pressure is...where?

lolz, this guy wouldn't pass Hell's Kitchen....or Master Chef for that matter

I'm not enjoying this show as much as I'd like to. It's a bit sad because after a really wonderful first episode and an interesting second and third episode, Hana-saku Iroha has really downgraded. I don't mean the visuals have changed. No, there's no obvious lowering of production values in the series. Everything is still as pretty as it can be...but the story lacks punch. Do you know what I mean?
That look spells trouble

I know, I know. I said this show is refreshing. And fluff can be good, too, but only in small doses. Otherwise, you'll be left with nothing but air, and you know what too much air does to the human digestive tract. I'm hoping against hope that Hana-saku Iroha is going to prove different -- that this show isn't just hot air without nothing inside, because that would be...sad.
this is sooooo wrong

What is wrong with asking for a little conflict? A little clashing of personalities? A little tension and pressure? The irony is that these last three episodes are supposed to be all about the former and the latter and yet I remain disconnected from it all. Don't get me wrong. I like Ohana and the other staff members of the Kissuiso but other than superficial liking, there's nothing. It needs something more.

The previews for the next episode shows the return of Ohana's mom, so hopefully, I'll get what I finally want from this series? Crossing my fingers.

0 comments: