Monday, August 22, 2011

2011 Fall Anime Line-Up


Some interesting titles....

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
OFFICIAL | ANN

Adopted from a manga of the same title (lit. "I don't have many friends"), the show is produced by AIC Build and features the voicing talents of Inoue Marina, Itou Kanae, and Hanazawa Kana. The story is about a boy who gets mistaken for a delinquent so he doesn't have a lot of friends. One day, he meets the campus beauty who's also known for her cold and aloof demeanor and the two of them make a club with the primary aim of making friends. They are soon joined by other students who are more or less popular but for some reason or another, find it hard to make any real friends. I tag this a romantic comedy and has many elements similar to ToraDora! It could be good. It could be a disaster. I'll give it a go.

UN-GO
OFFICIAL | ANN | MAL

This apparently based on a light novel set in the Meiji era. The Bones version will, however, be set in the future but the premise is basically the same: a detective investigates a series of mysteries involving his friends. This one's on noitaminA so it should be a worthwhile watch.

Guilty Crown
OFFICIAL | ANN | MAL

Production I.G.'s newest original anime, the story is set in the future, following a boy who has a strange power in his right hand, which allows him to extract weapons from his friends. Eventually, he falls in with a guerilla group after meeting a strange girl with equally strange powers. Hm. Sounds like Eureka Seven. Also has mecha. But will watch because Production I.G. is still the best at producing the best visuals.

Hunter x Hunter
OFFICIAL | ANN

Madhouse! I remember this anime way back. I enjoyed it while I was still following the episodes but later, I kind of lost touch with the storyline so I didn't really understand anything. Anyhoo, Madhouse decided to make the series from the beginning of the manga. Sounds promising. Will watch.

Mirai Nikki
Wikipedia

Animated by Asread. I keep hearing about this series. This is apparently a very popular manga. Proof of how popular it is: it even has its own wiki site.



0 comments: