Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter 2011 Anime Line-Up

Happy New Year!
click to enlarge
So it's a new year and the new winter line-up looks blissfully promising! Hell, if the titles look this good, I think I won't have a problem finding the inspiration to start blogging again. And here's my shortlist:

Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season (Production I.G.) - it was cute the first time around and I kinda miss the characters so yes, it'd be fun revisiting this show and getting to know all about Sawako and Kazehaya puppy love, not to mention all the lovable side characters and Pin XD

 Mahou Shoujo Madoka . Magica (SHAFT) - it's Shinbo and it looks like some kinda parody of the magical girl genre

IS: Infinite Stratos (B-Bit) - actually I'm not too sure about this but the plot reminds me a little of Vandread and I enjoyed that one

Wolverine (MADHOUSE) - I didn't like Ironman but Madhouse is my favorite studio so I'm in a bit of a pinch here; we'll see, because Wolverine is one of my favorite X-men

GOSICK (Bones) - it has a gothic lolita as one of its main characters and also, it's by Bones, so it's worth a try

Beelzebub - the promo art looks attractive but as for the story itself, it sounds flimsy

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? (Studio DEEN) - I think this might be a romance story of sorts with a zombie as a main character. I know someone who'd at least be interested in this.

Hourou Musuko (AIC) - a gender-bender series that's serious for a change; a psychological drama that explores the sexual orientation of...fifth graders; lol sorry, I think the plot's heavy with social commentaries though

And that's the short list for the series category. For the OVAs, There's the final (?) episode of the Kara no Kyoukai OVA series, Kara no Kyoukai: Epilogue, which reminds me that I have got to watch the rest of the episodes. Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail #3 is also coming out, which again reminds me that I still haven't watched #2. Apart from the OVAs, all these titles will have to go through the usual 3-episode test to help me determine which shows to blog.

Peace out.

0 comments: