Saturday, August 6, 2011

FIRST LOOK: Dantalian no Shoka, Blade

 Dantalian no Shoka (1-2)

Visually, it looks good, and the story is intriguing. At least, it caught my attention. However, I have so little free time these days, plus I'm following so many shows (not just anime) that unless the show is that compelling, I just can't get into it. That's unfortunate for Dantalian no Shoka because I really can't fault it's take on the library/book sub-genre of anime. For one, it doesn't try too hard. We're introduced to the two main characters on the first episode as the script explains their situation. The story treatment reminds me a bit of Spice and Wolf, which, I know it seems far-fetched. But the tone of the conversation and the general character dynamic between Huey and Dalian is a bit like that between Lawrence and Holo. Oh well, maybe I'll come back when the series gets better.

Blade (1)

The fourth collab between Marvel and MadHouse. I must say it looks really, really good. Better than Wolverine. Wayyyyy better than Ironman. I never saw X-Men so I can't compare. But...vampires. -_- Not watching this, MadHouse, but good job. Here's to hoping you'll finally get it right this time.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

0 comments: