Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Tatami Galaxy 3-5

I don't really know how to blog this series. It's obvious by now that each episode is self-contained and has nothing to do with the rest. True, there are similarities but they're all from sheer force of the writer's personal style rather than from the fact that they all seem to be about the same thing. If anything, The Tatami Galaxy is honest in that way.

Our ego wants us to believe that we're all a bit different from the rest of the population, that our experience is either worse or better than that of others', when in reality, we all pretty much go through the same thing at precisely the same time. I guess that's the point here. Clever and I'll continue to watch the show but as far as blogging the series? I'm not sure I can, unless I start blogging it on a per episode basis, which I can't do.

Oh, well.

For all of you who are interested in this series, don't let my dropping it from this blog discourage you. It, by no means, reflects on its quality. The Tatami Galaxy is a quirky little piece of animation I shouldn't say "magic" but that's the word that comes to mind. It's hard to get into and it may puzzle you at first but if you're flexible, willing-to-try-anything type, it won't disappoint.

0 comments: